We know that the academic management of an educational institution is the neuralgic point from which actions are taken to facilitate the administration of schools and increase educational quality. However, today, it has an even more important role: to be a bridge to achieve one of the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda.
What is the 2030 Agenda and what does it establish in relation to education?
The 2030 Agenda is the action plan established by the countries that make up the United Nations to achieve 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These include issues such as gender equality, health and quality education; the latter being Goal #4 of the Agenda.
In this Objective, the following are considered quality education as one of the fundamental pillars of society. Therefore, the targets set in this SDG are that, by 2030, children, youth, adults and vulnerable people, people with disabilities or residents of indigenous peoples should be educated:
- Complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education to produce relevant and effective learning outcomes.
- Have access to quality technical, professional and higher education.
- Are literate and have elementary notions of arithmetic.
- Have the necessary skills to access employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.
- Have equal access to all levels of education and vocational training, eliminating gender disparities.
- Acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to promote sustainable development with all that this entails:
- sustainable lifestyles,
- human rights,
- gender equality,
- promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence,
- global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Enjoy educational facilities that provide safe, inclusive, non-violent and effective environments for all.
- Make more scholarships available worldwide to ensure access to higher education in developing countries, especially the least developed.
- Have qualified teachers through international cooperation for teacher training in developing countries.
What role does the academic management of schools play in the context of the 2030 Agenda?
As might be expected, academic academic management of schools plays a transcendental role towards the fulfillment of the 2030 Agenda; specifically within the framework of SDG #4. Therefore, it is essential that schools seek to foster leadership and educational innovation to promote quality education in society.
To this end, one of the measures that schools can implement is the adoption of cutting-edge technologies to facilitate the work of teachers, as well as to increase student performance. students' performance.. In this way, it will be possible to promote socioeconomic mobility:
- To reduce the gap between people without access to quality education.
- Motivate the progress of people receiving quality education.
In this sense, having an educational software that can integrate learning management elements provides a great advantage. With this type of system, it is possible to maintain distance education (in case of not being able to attend in person), as well as to promote the development of skills in various aspects, including science, technology and innovation.
Thus, the production, dissemination and use of knowledge can be expanded, helping to overcome the challenges associated with the SDG in question.
Technology = An ally so that education does not stagnate or stand still
Other measures that educational institutions can take to promote the fulfillment of SDG 4
Some other general actions that schools around the world can undertake to further the fulfillment of SDG #4 are:
- Acquire tools that promote inclusive education for people with different abilities.
- Socialize and sensitize the population on the importance of not stopping education, regardless of the situations that may arise (such as the health contingency experienced in 2020).
- Convey the benefits of education always being present in the community.
Undoubtedly, education is something that should concern us all, as it is the foundation for building equitable, healthy and prosperous societies. At Phidiasour purpose is to help develop better schools with the support of state-of-the-art technologies.Contact us at and start the transformation of your school to be part of the change!